I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

What we are all about

Most Blogs are useless, informative and dull... We on the otherhand are as keen as wolverine hunters, as useful as six-ply toilet paper and the furthest thing from dull since luminous colours came out. So if you are into useless, informative and dull blogs, go play in traffic. Otherwise join us and rule the world!

MAKE YOUR MARK!

For those of you who find that you do not feel fulfilled just reading this blog and actually want to post something of your own, you can send your posts to:

editor.of.the.psychopathic@gmail.com

You wont regret it!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Call me SuperMOO

by Lauren Roodt
Now, to all of you enthusiastic future first year's. There is one thing that you need to know which will draw the blood from your veins and rip your heart out of your chest... the fire drill.


Our residence - no names mentioned but one up on the hill - religiously holds a fire drill each term. So religiously in fact, that I have now developed a sort of sixth sense. I know when they are going to pounce out of the shadows and claw their way into my mind. My friend lives right next to the fire exit so she gets kindly woken up before hand by the sub-wardens while they move dustbins and loudly whisper amongst themselves. Bracing themselves for the heart wrenching, mind twisting, blood bursting wail that the siren releases. I, on the other hand, still have to rely on my super human sixth sense to tell me when these things are going to happen.


Last night something however, was on a mission to defeat my powers. I had no prior warning from my sixth sense. But true to form I displayed super human powers...When I was jolted from my sleep like a 6 year old in his bumper car my super human ability kicked in. With one swift movement I was up on my feet. I wrapped my white blanket cape around me. Scooped up my dustbin (the signature of where I have been) placed it outside my door and I was out of there!

In record time I was back in my bed, keeping warm and dreaming of my next adventure.

But, contrary to popular belief super heroes do forget. I woke up this morning and could not remember even being disturbed. I remain true to form. A Fire Drill Super Hero. My duty is so second nature that I do not remember it at all...



No comments: