I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

What we are all about

Most Blogs are useless, informative and dull... We on the otherhand are as keen as wolverine hunters, as useful as six-ply toilet paper and the furthest thing from dull since luminous colours came out. So if you are into useless, informative and dull blogs, go play in traffic. Otherwise join us and rule the world!

MAKE YOUR MARK!

For those of you who find that you do not feel fulfilled just reading this blog and actually want to post something of your own, you can send your posts to:

editor.of.the.psychopathic@gmail.com

You wont regret it!

Friday, September 26, 2008

The Great Journey


Naive Fool,

Do you remember the day you decided to come to Rhodes and start studying to become a Politician and/or Journalist? Can you remember the feeling of elation and trepidation you got when you thought of being “free” from the bonds of parents and school, and finally making it in the world? The life you thought would be easier and more care-free is in reality the one that would push you to the brink of insanity.
Let me tell you, with all the wisdom acquired in hind-sight, you are in for a trial that will shake the very foundations of your life. You will be uprooted from the comfort of your family, pulled out from the midst of your friends, booted to the other side of the country and buried under a mountain of work that makes your matric seem like the easiest task in your life.
Shame, poor you, you still have to toil away and break through the metaphorical igneous rock that is education, whereas I have made it half-way through. Common sense would dictate that it will be all for the “greater good”, but common is not me, personally (and I know you will feel the same way, eventually) I think that there are other ways of viewing the world that make life a lot more interesting. That would put us in quite a paradoxical situation, because if common sense would have you go to Rhodes and study to become a proactive, sane member of society, and I, having done that, seem to be neither proactive or sane after having followed the “commonsense” route, would inadvertently make the norm insanity and otherwise not governed by commonsense, which seems quite contradictory to me.
I think this proves the theory that no matter how one might change the past, the future will always have the same outcome. Thus, my younger, innocent, naive, foolish self, enjoy your sanity while you still can because your destiny to become a ruler of the planet is inevitable. I know you will get this. It’s just some food for thought.

Till we speak again…
Your loving, insane future self.

2 comments:

tradgeystrikesatthelollipopcircle said...

You had sanity to begin with???? :) your post is quite difficult to read, maybe change the colour or choose a different font. I feel a bit dizzy having read it. Otherwise good.

Wraith said...

Yes, it is true... I was once sane, but the combination of playing with mercury, studying at Rhodes and having been hit on the head by a kid on a bicycle, my sanity dwindled and now seems to have left me completely... But it's OK, I now can see the truth without the metaphorical "blinkers" that sanity puts on!

As for your request, I have changed the colour to a softer green-turquoise and put the font to default. I hope it pleases you, the consumer.

P.S: you see, perhaps I have not lost all vestiges of my sanity ;-)