I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

What we are all about

Most Blogs are useless, informative and dull... We on the otherhand are as keen as wolverine hunters, as useful as six-ply toilet paper and the furthest thing from dull since luminous colours came out. So if you are into useless, informative and dull blogs, go play in traffic. Otherwise join us and rule the world!

MAKE YOUR MARK!

For those of you who find that you do not feel fulfilled just reading this blog and actually want to post something of your own, you can send your posts to:

editor.of.the.psychopathic@gmail.com

You wont regret it!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Circle of Life

By Lauren Roodt
Once again, dear friends, my ambitious promises of starting to study this weekend have been blasted to the nether regions of outer space. Swot week has officially begun and being me I should be burried nose deep in my books. But not today.

But can you really blame us? We all know that the last two weeks of term are everybody's nightmare. Somehow all due dates seems to accumulate in those last few days when most of our energy has been sapped from our bodies. Three essays and that dreaded journalism portfolio later I am finished. But although some relief has arrived I am soon to be reminded that the struggle is not over yet. The curse of the journ portfolio will last for the next three years. As usual I didn't listen to Nicky Cockcroft when she gave us months of warning to get cracking. So when at midnight I was still up trying to perfect that motivation letter I was well informed of the pain that is to come.

While some of the weight was lifted off my shoulders as I handed my envelope over, another small chunk landed. The dreaded wait had begun. What's worse is that we still have to write the exam and try to do our best with the knowledge that we stand a chance (al be it) small that we will not be amongst the chosen ones. But with this knowledge comes motivation to make those exams my b*!t#%. So I guess that with every stress there comes relief, with all relief there has to be stress. For without darkness what is light. So what is stress without relief? It is part of the never ending circle of life.

No comments: